Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Southwestern Chicken with Mango-Peach Salsa

Eating healthy is not boring.
That's what everyone thinks, right???
There are many great recipes and foods that are so good for you and taste awesome! Too bad I'm just now figuring this out, but better late than never!
Sandra Lee has created this refreshing recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/southwestern-chicken-with-mango-peach-salsa-recipe/index.html When I decided to make this dish, I was more curious about the taste than the fact that's it is good for you. In fact, she doesn't even advertise how healthy this dish is! Which is crazy since it is sooo yummy, different, and healthy!
I have to admit, when it comes to the seasoning Sandra Lee uses, I usually just try to create my own or just use what I have because I can never find the specific seasoning at the grocery store. So for this recipe, I didn't even look at the chicken part. Therefore I'd prepare the chicken breast however you want with a little bit of spicy seasoning.
It is the salsa that is great in this recipe! I would have never of thought of salsa to be made out of mango and peaches-- but it refreshing and not something you have everyday and that's why I love it! The recipe notes that it is easier to cut the fruit while it is still frozen, but I disagree. I had an easier time cutting it when it was thawed (I zapped it in the microwave to thaw a bit and the fruit was not ruined). Lastly, scrap the jalapeno seeds out if you are not a fan of spicy! Don't eliminate the jalapeno from this recipe because the sweetness of the mango and the peaches combined with the heat from the jalapeno and the cilantro really is what makes this salsa!
Here's to good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment