Friday, January 20, 2012

Chicken Taquitos

So, so, SO, Good y'all! I got this recipe from pinterest. Well, actually I saw the delectable picture of the taquitos on pinterest and then it took me to this awesome blog posting: http://penniesonaplatter.com/2010/02/22/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos/

One day, I'll have a amazing camera to take those shots.... Anyways...

SERIOUSLY, this is a must try, easy recipe!! Basically combine everything and roll! I contemplated making my own green salsa but I ended up buying a jar at the store-- which turned out well! The cream cheese needs to be soften for sure-- it doesn't take long and it will soften as you mix items in. Of course you can mix and match these ingredients in the taquitos but I love all the flavors in this recipe!

I would follow the suggestion of freezing them because I did try to heat some up at work and they were soggy instead of having the same crispiness of coming directly from the oven. I've baked two batches of these and tried coating them in olive oil to see if they will brown more evenly and it had no effect. So, spraying them with Pam works. And great aspect of this recipe is it's healthier than having taquitos at a restaurant since they are baked and not fried!!

Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment